Saturday, May 14, 2011

Happy Graduation

We all knew this day was coming.



At first it seemed a long time off.

Then as we approached it excitement built.

So many plans have been made and scrapped and made again.

At first I dragged my feet, but seeing my family's happiness I couldn't hold back any longer.

We are so excited to present our new doctor.

And his dog.







He spent an hour and a half in the backyard with her today.


In the rain.


With Charlotte's pink princess umbrella.


Just trying to get house training to start right.


Nothing happened.


He came back inside.


Then she peed on the kitchen floor.


I laughed.


I've potty trained before and this seems to be exactly the same.

6 comments:

Dan's mom said...

Who gets to name her? Sometimes kids come up with some of the more interesting names - remember when Travis wanted to name his new sister "Rankler Jack"? Yeah for puppies! I hope she has a kennel - they really work.

denise said...

HAHAHAHA!
congrats to all..Will the dog be named Percy? I know that was the kids idea, did it hold.

Maggie said...

The dog is a 3 month old great pyrenees girl so we named her Percie. That was the only way I could think of to make it a little more girlie.

She doesn't have a kennel right now, but on day two we are beginning to see that she might need one. On the plus side she seems to be making all of her potty mistakes on the hard wood so at least they're easy to clean.

Mindy said...

Holy Cow! That's HUGE news! I can't really believe that I learned this on your blog. What kind of a friend am I? I can't wait to meet her. And I'm pretty sure that James will pee himself out of excitement when he meets her. Good thing he's still wearing diapers. It's our turn to potty train next.

Katie said...

I'm so excited for you guys!

If you need any advice on housetraining just let me know! I have TONS of opinions, but I'm attempting to hold myself back from being a bossy older sister.

Unknown said...

Yay for the new dog!! You have been very rationale about the whole thing. I think you waited the right amount of time. Sorry to hear about little greg's trauma experience on his birthday... No fun ):