Wednesday, February 23, 2005
Thursday, February 17, 2005
- In our parking lot there is one stall that is next to the wall that people park in WAY TOO CLOSE so that people walking around the plant thingy growing over the top of the wall have to do contortions to get around it. This bothers me. For the past two days now I have gotten to park in that spot. It gives me endless gratification to park far enough back so that people can easily walk around the plant and my car at the same time. I'm kinda proud of it.
- I have now been moved down TWO lists of blogging friends on their links lists. I know this seems like nothing to anybody else (especially since they were making it in alphabetical order) but it has drastically changed my outlook on their sites. The Heat is doing it so that she can make money. Let me just say that EVERYBODY knows that I am her favorite and giving her money isn't going to change her favorites. It will be me! Why do people even have to move me down? It seems sort of wrong or something. At least I wasn't taken off their lists (like Katie rudely did to Heather).
- You know how sometimes it rains and the worms come out? I have talked about this before. Well recently it snowed but it was a wet snow so all the worms came out and then they froze to death. Now we have their frozen carcasses on the ground all over. It's kinda sick if you ask me. Also I wonder how we even have any worms populating the planet anymore because they all come out and die. (This isn't an invitation to give me a biology lesson Heather.)
That's about it for now. Hope you like the tidbitts too!
Wednesday, February 16, 2005
1. Total amount of music files on your computer:
I don't really know to be honest. I think I copied three christmas CDs and two other CDs on
there, but that's about it.
2. The last CD you bought:
"Feels Like Home" by Norah Jones. Coincidentally the ONLY CD I've purchased for myself. A fact that seems like a sin to some.
3. What's the last song you listened to before you read this message:
"Tiny Dacer" by Elton John the first time I read the post. A song I don't know the title to by Incubus the current time I read the post.
4. Write down 5 songs that you often listen to or that mean a lot to you:
- "Rippling Water" by somebody. It reminds me of my daddy. It's totally country sounding, but I like it especially the intro before the words come on.
- A song by James Taylor that I don't remember the title to. Its on this CD that Katie left in the car when it was transferred to my hands. Well, anything by James Taylor is pretty awesome. If you don't think that then you're a loser. I think he's one of my favorite acoustic guitarists. Plus, the song is just good.
- "When the Sun Goes Down" I don't know the artists. I probably should on this one. It's a country song. I'm ashamed to admit that I actually listen to it, but it reminds me of the first date that Daniel and I had so I love it.
- "Sleeping Beauty" not the Disney version, the original orchestrated version (I forget the composer, Tchicovsky I think). It is a BEAUTIFUL piece of music.
- I would have to say any song by Billie Holiday. Her voice is absolutely amazing and I love just to relax to her music. Plus, any Jazz song reminds me of my mom and I love them all. Jazz is the best music in the world.
5. Who are you going to pass the stick to:
Nobody. I don't really know who would like to answer the questions.
So talking about music makes me seem like a big dork because I don't really know the names of artists or songs. I do like music though and I figured I'm not that uninformed about music. I know what I like. I LOVE JAZZ! I also like country and bluegrass. For the most part they are pretty related to jazz which is pretty cool. I like the acoustic guitar. Influences from my friends that I've had at school have been my appreciation of punk music and also anything with "the funk." So anyway those are my thoughts on that issue.
Tuesday, February 15, 2005
Thursday, February 10, 2005
Also I have to go visit the worship services of another faith and write a paper on it due in three weeks. What faith should I visit? I would go to the Krishna temple, but I've already been there twice so the what did you expect before going there portion of the paper wouldn't be that interesting. Any suggestions?
Monday, February 07, 2005
1. I got my Valentine's Day package from my mom today. In it she put new socks (my favorite), some butter creme mint thingys that she has started making for my wedding reception, a new pencil, and some valentine refridgerator craft magnets. Sorry about the syntax of that sentence. Anyway, it was pretty much the awesomest thing ever.
2. I found out my rank in my O-chem lab. Any guesses? I am ranked number 4! Isn't that amazing?! I think it's pretty much the best thing ever. Everyone in that lab thinks I'm a chemistry genius. I think its so funny that I'm doing such a good job at fooling them all! Little do they know that I got a C- in 351 and a C in 352! Anyway, I'm planning on getting a B or perhaps an A in that lab. I'm a genius!
3. The final and most genius move of the day is that I talked my way out of having to pay TWO on campus parking violations today! (A sum total of $40 I would have had to pay today.) How did I do this you ask? Well, basically it's because of my geniosity (this is a conjugation of the word genius). I bet you all wish you were as genius as I am!
Friday, February 04, 2005
I washed my car today. I know this doesn't sound like much, but this is the first time I've done it since the little incident. This time I went up to the safe one that's near my grandma's house. It's called Car Wash on 8th. It's pretty good. Also it's usually crowded. Before I didn't like that about this place, but I was happy this time. So even though it was far away, it was worth the drive. I was vaccuuming out my car afterwards and I vaccuumed up a piece of glass! (In case you don't know my car got broken into last summer and the glass from the window was all over the inside of my car. Incidently $1500 worth of my stuff was taken.) Anyway, it got me to thinking how that car and I have been through a lot together. Now it's all dented and has some scratches. (sorry Daddy, but I don't think any of them are my fault and there's no new ones since you saw it at Christmas) It's maybe a little worse for the wear but it has character. I think that's a little like myself. Character.
What are some of my other pennies? Well, I have realized this week how much I love my family! I don't mean to say this as some silly thing that you always hear at testimony meeting, but I honestly do love them. They do so much for me. My big sister will always be a trailblazer! My mom is my protector and comforter. My daddy has been and always will be a safe haven to cry in. My brother has shown me so many paths to success. I admire them all and look to their examples in my life.
Speaking of family, another set of pennies are my roommates this year. I think I have trusted them and loved them more than I ever thought possible. I wish I knew how to better show them that. I have been blessed to know one of my perfect complements, Heather Higgins. I have realized lately that we are not perfect complements because we came that way. We have worked at it three years now. We are sisters. I want to be like her when I grow up. She is a spiritual giant that is so....awesome in the true sense of the word. Toria is an intellectual giant. Watching her and how she lives her life has shown me the true joy of learning. I am amazed at her dedication. Jana I feel so close to right now. I don't have any idea of what her life has been like, but I know that she is truly a strong woman capable of much. I look to her future to see great things.
How could I talk about pennies without mentioning Daniel? I am so humbled that someone so great loves me. He chooses to love me each and every day. He works so hard and is so patient. He, who doesn't talk to people, has shown me what true communication and love can be about. He sees his faults and actively works to better himself. I love him so much. It is so great to be able to absolutely trust someone--what they tell you and what they do for you and who they are. That is a rare gift and I'm so happy that I have found it.
I have so much love and support all around me! My cup runneth over! I don't think I could get any more blessings. I wouldn't have any space for them.
PS. Heather's soccer game tonight went really great! Man she is so awesome! Bring on the Heat!
PSS. Sorry this post was a long one for those of you readers that don't actually have the attention span to read the whole thing.
Wednesday, February 02, 2005
But it doesn't seem right that Phill would predict the nation either. How could cloud cover in New York possibly predict Utah's 6 week forcast? That is the big issue of the day. So anyway, HAPPY GROUND HOG'S DAY!
Quote from earlier this morning:
We were trying to find out the meaning of the town name Punxsutawney.
Me: Well it must be something brown because tawney means brownish.
Heather: Punxsu must mean Hog. Brown Hog.