Friday, February 04, 2005

Pennies from Heaven

"Every time it rains, it rains pennies from heaven." I love that song! Billie Holiday is amazing!

I washed my car today. I know this doesn't sound like much, but this is the first time I've done it since the little incident. This time I went up to the safe one that's near my grandma's house. It's called Car Wash on 8th. It's pretty good. Also it's usually crowded. Before I didn't like that about this place, but I was happy this time. So even though it was far away, it was worth the drive. I was vaccuuming out my car afterwards and I vaccuumed up a piece of glass! (In case you don't know my car got broken into last summer and the glass from the window was all over the inside of my car. Incidently $1500 worth of my stuff was taken.) Anyway, it got me to thinking how that car and I have been through a lot together. Now it's all dented and has some scratches. (sorry Daddy, but I don't think any of them are my fault and there's no new ones since you saw it at Christmas) It's maybe a little worse for the wear but it has character. I think that's a little like myself. Character.

What are some of my other pennies? Well, I have realized this week how much I love my family! I don't mean to say this as some silly thing that you always hear at testimony meeting, but I honestly do love them. They do so much for me. My big sister will always be a trailblazer! My mom is my protector and comforter. My daddy has been and always will be a safe haven to cry in. My brother has shown me so many paths to success. I admire them all and look to their examples in my life.

Speaking of family, another set of pennies are my roommates this year. I think I have trusted them and loved them more than I ever thought possible. I wish I knew how to better show them that. I have been blessed to know one of my perfect complements, Heather Higgins. I have realized lately that we are not perfect complements because we came that way. We have worked at it three years now. We are sisters. I want to be like her when I grow up. She is a spiritual giant that is so....awesome in the true sense of the word. Toria is an intellectual giant. Watching her and how she lives her life has shown me the true joy of learning. I am amazed at her dedication. Jana I feel so close to right now. I don't have any idea of what her life has been like, but I know that she is truly a strong woman capable of much. I look to her future to see great things.

How could I talk about pennies without mentioning Daniel? I am so humbled that someone so great loves me. He chooses to love me each and every day. He works so hard and is so patient. He, who doesn't talk to people, has shown me what true communication and love can be about. He sees his faults and actively works to better himself. I love him so much. It is so great to be able to absolutely trust someone--what they tell you and what they do for you and who they are. That is a rare gift and I'm so happy that I have found it.

I have so much love and support all around me! My cup runneth over! I don't think I could get any more blessings. I wouldn't have any space for them.

PS. Heather's soccer game tonight went really great! Man she is so awesome! Bring on the Heat!

PSS. Sorry this post was a long one for those of you readers that don't actually have the attention span to read the whole thing.

5 comments:

Mika said...

I love that song too! Now it is totally in my head, and I am glad about that.

Glad you were able to wash your car in peace this time.

Heather said...

Thanks Margs. Sometimes it is just so good to know that you are appreciated. I am so glad that I have had these three years to become your sister. Thanks for everything, I'm going to miss you so much next year.

Sam said...

Great post! I really liked it.

katezmom said...

My cup runneth over! Now I have that movie in my mind and I wish I were at home to watch it. So what do you think of a lavendar tux.

Maggie said...

Lavendar is a bit much for me!