Wednesday, February 23, 2005

She works hard for her money

So I work in the University Press Building. Basically BYU Mail Services gets the back end of the print building. Everyday we recieve packages that are then sent all over campus. Some of the packages are actually supposed to go to the press part of the building and those are my responsibility to deliver. I LOVE THIS. You may be asking yourself why I would love having to deliver dirty packages through a noisy printing operation. Well, here's why. First of all I am fascinated to see the printing machines at work. Print, cut, fold, staple, stack. It is amazing. Secondly, I absolutely love the smell in that place. I think it's the ink that they use, but I'm not really sure. It could be the paper, or maybe some other chemical used on the machines. Whatever it is, the distinct smell just is good. Don't get me wrong, I don't think I would like to be surrounded by it all the time or even smell it on another person, but that smell for a small part of the day just makes my job a little better.

2 comments:

katezmom said...

I think you are my kinda gal. I love to watch machines work!

Katie said...

Automation is REALLY cool. There are some really creative engineers in that biz.