Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Music Dork

Well, Katie asked me to answer some questions from her blog so here goes.

1. Total amount of music files on your computer:
I don't really know to be honest. I think I copied three christmas CDs and two other CDs on
there, but that's about it.

2. The last CD you bought:
"Feels Like Home" by Norah Jones. Coincidentally the ONLY CD I've purchased for myself. A fact that seems like a sin to some.

3. What's the last song you listened to before you read this message:
"Tiny Dacer" by Elton John the first time I read the post. A song I don't know the title to by Incubus the current time I read the post.

4. Write down 5 songs that you often listen to or that mean a lot to you:
  • "Rippling Water" by somebody. It reminds me of my daddy. It's totally country sounding, but I like it especially the intro before the words come on.
  • A song by James Taylor that I don't remember the title to. Its on this CD that Katie left in the car when it was transferred to my hands. Well, anything by James Taylor is pretty awesome. If you don't think that then you're a loser. I think he's one of my favorite acoustic guitarists. Plus, the song is just good.
  • "When the Sun Goes Down" I don't know the artists. I probably should on this one. It's a country song. I'm ashamed to admit that I actually listen to it, but it reminds me of the first date that Daniel and I had so I love it.
  • "Sleeping Beauty" not the Disney version, the original orchestrated version (I forget the composer, Tchicovsky I think). It is a BEAUTIFUL piece of music.
  • I would have to say any song by Billie Holiday. Her voice is absolutely amazing and I love just to relax to her music. Plus, any Jazz song reminds me of my mom and I love them all. Jazz is the best music in the world.

5. Who are you going to pass the stick to:

Nobody. I don't really know who would like to answer the questions.

So talking about music makes me seem like a big dork because I don't really know the names of artists or songs. I do like music though and I figured I'm not that uninformed about music. I know what I like. I LOVE JAZZ! I also like country and bluegrass. For the most part they are pretty related to jazz which is pretty cool. I like the acoustic guitar. Influences from my friends that I've had at school have been my appreciation of punk music and also anything with "the funk." So anyway those are my thoughts on that issue.

2 comments:

Sam said...

"When the Sun Goes Down" is by Kenny Chesney, if it's the one I think you're talking about... Good song.

katezmom said...

Ripplin' Water by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band