Thursday, February 10, 2005

World Religions

So I'm taking this class on major world religions. I LOVE IT! It makes me feel as though I have some idea of things that are going on in the world. We haven't done very many yet though. We've covered the pre-historic religions like Egypt, Greece, Celts, Romans, and Babylonians. Also we've gone into detail on Judaism and Hinduism. Right now we are studying Zoroastrianism. I am embarassed to admit my ignorance in this realm, but before this class I had never heard of Zoroastrians. Well, at least I thought I hadn't. Apparently that was the religion of Perssia (you know it the Bible). Anyway, I am totally fascinated by this religion. It has so many parallels to my religion. Some of the things in it are radically different than what I believe, but I can't wait to dig in and understand it more.

Also I have to go visit the worship services of another faith and write a paper on it due in three weeks. What faith should I visit? I would go to the Krishna temple, but I've already been there twice so the what did you expect before going there portion of the paper wouldn't be that interesting. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

the narrator said...

go visit the coolest religion here in utah. the summums!

Maggie said...

Isn't that the one all about worshipping God with Sex?

the narrator said...

kind of. they believes god is an asexual being ho created the world by masterbating.

if that doesn't sound cool enough, they have a pyramid, golden penises, a double ended golden phallus candle holder, mummified dogs, and leader named 'corky'

see my photos of them here