Friday, November 18, 2005

A Break

So I thought I'd take a break from intellectual posts, which were rather entertaining for me. I could get addicted, but I wont because they take up too much of my time. I don't mean my free time, I mean the time I spend sitting in class thinking about how I will say what I want to say instead of listening to how to develop a HACCP plan for the 100th time. Anyway, here are the updates to my life.

Mittens
Anyone who has actually spent time with me during the months of October to March knows that I wear mittens. I try not to ever take them off. I have been given different mittens through the years, but none of them have stood the test of time like the pair I got in high school. They are blue with snowflakes on them and I love them. I am also a little crazy about how I wear my mittens. Yes, I admit it I have to wear them a certain way. Indoors there's no special way to wear them so long as they are on my hands. Outdoors, however, I can't wear them unless they are tucked into my coat sleeve. That way there can be no cold air leaking through the gap onto my skin. Consequently I sometimes have to take my coat off and put my mittens a couple times before I'm ready to go outside. My husband finds this ridiculous, but I say, why wear mittens if you're just going to let your writsts get cold anyway.

Fog
I'm so tired of fog in Oregon. A person might think to themselves, as I thought to myself, "It's Oregon, it doesn't snow here! It must not be cold." Technically this is true. It was only 37 on my way to school this morning. In all actuallity though, you would be wrong! The truth about the situation here is that this stupid fog that has been here every morning and doesn't go away sometimes all day makes the 37 degree weather seem ice cold. I wear my new coat with the hood up and sinched about my face so that the only skin showing on my body is my eyes, nose, and sometimes mouth. Grrr! I'm tired of fog. I kind of wish it were like those really cold clear days in Utah where it's freezing, but at least you could see all the beautiful snow! I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.

3 comments:

Katie said...

No, it's better here. It is about 30 degrees, but the sun and sky are so clear and bright it keeps you warm all the way through.

If I look out a window right now I couldn't tell if it was 30 or 80, it is that sunny and beautiful.

I love Colorado.

Heather said...

It's been the same as Colorado here in Utah too. We haven't gotten any snow yet, so it's really crisp and super sunny outside. I'm still cold when I'm inside all the time too though, so I know it is wintertime. I think I need some mittens too because when I wear my gloves my hands still freeze. I've been wearing my peacoat a lot lately though, and the pockets in it always keep my hands toasty.

Maggie said...

The Heat-first of all, gloves are liars. They make you think they'll be warm for your hands, but really they just separate each finger from all it's friends and makes them really, really cold. Second, do you remember that time we saw Bean on campus and I wouldn't take my hands out of my pocket to give him a high five? That's the level of my insanity. I hope your fingers get a warmer condition soon!