Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Did you celebrate Father's Day in your house? We did in ours and this is what we did:

  • Ate a nice hot breakfast consisting of oatmeal, with goodies added for those who like that kind of thing, courtesy of Dan.
  • Did the breakfast dishes while Dan sanded the stairs and other woodwork.
  • Played with the kids while Dan did more sanding.
  • Got ready for church while Dan sanded.
  • Let Dan get Greg ready for church because who doesn't love trying to get a sleepy baby ready for church?
  • Let Dan have Greg for the thrid hour of church because who doesn't love trying to entertain a sleepy hungry baby while in public?
  • Made chicken salad for dinner and let Dan accompany that with grilled pineapple (yum!) and baked beans. Thanks Dan.

We just like to make sure he knows how important he is around here. Happy Father's Day!

6 comments:

Dan's mom said...

lGrandpa Whiting would think I was trying to poison him if I fed hm oatmeal (he insists that it is for horses.) For Father's Day , he got to BBQ chicken (I got him some thighs for his treat) but we had to eat inside since it was not even 60 outside. We had potato salad, corn on the cob (Dave's request) and Swedish creme (Mike's request).

I get to bring home the new puppy this weekend!

dad said...

I had a great Fathers Day. I heard from Katie and Garrett twice, Charlotte called me and wish me both, Fathers Day and Birthday and Maggie finished the job and Nathan called me from London at 11:30 pm because he was just getting to go to work.

The real treat is we are all going to Branson, MO. to play fro four days. YA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I liked the menu, got me thinking. Today I will fix Chix salad, baked beans and melon. Hope you have fun in Branson !
grandma jane

Neil and Meredith Larson said...

hi maggie! its meredith, jill's sister. is there an amy larson in your decorating group? because that is my sister in law, small world!

dana's design studio said...

by the way, your blog wallpaper reminds me of my favorite dress of yours...the one with the green dots. Not too many dresses impress me, but any variety of green is my favorite color and dots are one of my favorite shapes...and red hair is always stunning. Red head in green dot dress...fantastic.

Mindy said...

I want you to get your computer back so that you will post more things on your blog! I'm missing Maggie's World! Stupid computer issues.