Friday, October 01, 2010

Lost Track of Time

Spending most of my days self planned and being flexible to my kids needs I tend to lose track of time. Not only that sometimes I lose track of what day of the week it is. I think that's fairly common. I battle this with structuring my days and weeks so that things come at predictable times. Again, fairly common.

These vacations however are gloriously unstructured. They are filled with things that we want to do and few things that we don't. The off shoot of that is that I have completely lost track of the time I'm spending here. Not only do I not know what time of day it is, I usually can't remember what day of the week. Then today I couldn't even remember what month we are in. Which makes it really hard to figure out how many months old my child is.

I just wish he were old enough for nursery.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you can't do that not remembering what day it is until you retire! hour? day? month?
I use the retirement as an excuse to not ceep track of time.
'Oh well.
grandma jane

Mindy said...

Good news...you don't have to worry about taking him to church this Sunday! Gotta love Conference weekend! Miss you!

Dan's mom said...

NEXT MONTH !! Greggie will be 18 months old next month- just in time for holiday travels to disrupt settling in.
Yesterday Corso tried to find Charlotte in the bed she slept in -he pushed off the pillows and rooted under the covers looking for her. We all miss you guys.