Tuesday, November 05, 2013

My Favorite

So you know what my favorite holiday is? Thanksgiving. I like it so much we celebrate it every day for a month.  We do tons of stuff, some of it service oriented, some of it religious, some of it turkey hands and the like. We check out Thanksgiving books from the library and read them all month long. Usually this gets my creative juices flowing and I enjoy doing these things with my kids. I thinking spending so much time being grateful makes our whole family happier.

Somehow I have had a hard time getting into it this year. I took down all our Halloween decorations, but have nothing to put up for Thanksgiving.  I was thinking about skipping the thankful bowl entirely this year until last night when Charlotte asked about it.  I guess I'll have to put some more effort into my celebrations this year.

Anybody else have ideas that I could use?

1 comment:

Nurse Graham said...

How about having Charlotte do a "thankful" post on your blog? Or a "how to cook a turkey" post? Here at Liberty Lake Elementary the first graders write a description of how to cook a turkey...with steps from how to get the turkey to how to get it on the table. The finished descriptions are always hilarious to read.