Friday, December 01, 2006

It Came! It Came! It Came!

Yesterday after work I drove home to find a big UPS box sitting on my porch! I instantly knew that it was our mattress support! I had planned on folding the rest of the laundry, cleaning the bathroom, vacuuming the floors and changing the bed linens before cooking dinner, but all those plans went right out the window the minute I saw the box. Being the handy instruction reading, putter together-er of all things pre-manufactured I decided that I would start the evening's activities putting together the crib. It looks BEAUTIFUL! I finished it all by myself, which was sort of tricky to hold the one end while screwing in the other. I managed to do it though! Once that was done though I finally had room in that tiny baby's room to clean up and put things in order (well, sort of). I organized the closet, which is practically our only storage place so that there are now only baby things out in the room. Next I took out and admired every item of baby things that we now have and I displayed them inside the crib and cradle that I had put together. Lastly I decided to put together the little vibrating rocker for the baby. That room is so cute! It's not really ready for the baby yet as I have everything out on display in the crib and cradle, but it just makes me so happy.

Also today is the day that the upholstery place receives their shipment of foam cushion material and I ordered enough of it to replace the old foam mattress in the crib so that's almost ready too! Oh what joy! Some may say that my nesting instinct has kicked in a little early, but I say I've always been one to display things. Each year our Christmas presents are displayed like they belong in a catalog because I just like it that way. Now our baby's things are. If I could only just get rid of the faux wood paneling that covers all the walls of the baby's room, but you can't have everything. At least we have a space just for our little one!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hello and congrats on your pregnancy! I stumbled on your blog looking for other pregnancy journals so I hope you don't mind me commenting. It's so exciting to be at the stage of getting everything ready, I'm only 15 weeks so not near that step yet! I'm sure the baby room will look wonderful (faux paneling and all), but you could paint it if you have the time. I've seen paneling painted that you wouldn't even know what was underneath... you could do all the panels the same color or rotate colors every other one, and paint the thin stripes between different too. A lot of work, but it may add a whole lot to the look of the room! Congrats again!

Maggie said...

That sounds like a really cute idea. I hope your pregnancy is going well!

Anth said...

I used to look through Baby E's clothes before she was born. Over and over. I just loved to look at the little dresses, rompers, and onesies. And I would show them to anyone who expressed an iota of interest.

Now she has already grown out of all those things. *sniff*