Tuesday, June 26, 2007

10 Minutes and Counting

I'm at the library with only 10 minutes left on the computer so this post isn't going to be written well. There are just a few things I really needed to get out there.

  • First, my sister's wedding was FABULOUS! Everything went really well, I think anyway, including the flowers. Katie got really mad when they showed up the wrong shade of blue. She threw the ribbon across the room and said that she hated them. Then the next morning she looked at them again and realized that they were beautiful and there was no need to freak out. (She should still get the extra money back because they weren't the color she ordered, but that's another issue.) The band at the reception was awesome! And the violinist was so good! It was great to see my sister's friend Kathy there. She has a beautiful little girl that's two and it's really great to be around other mommies and be able to talk about mommy stuff without feeling boring.
  • If anyone noticed the recipe in the comments on the last post you might want to know it's for the most fabulous chip dip there ever was! My cousin Megan is awesome! Write it down, use it up and enjoy! Thanks Megs.
  • Being a mom is exhausting! I feel like I'm trying to do about a billion things to improve myself, my family, and my child at once and succeeding and failing at them all! I don't know if that makes any sense, but I don't have time to get it right so there you go.
  • We're going up to WA in the middle of July and I'm stoked.

Now my baby's crying in the middle of the library so I have to go.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's SO important to have other mommy friends, if just to talk about "boring" mommy stuff! Seriously, all my single girlfriends could just shoot me for all the times I've described poopy diapers and cute baby stories in extensive detail to them. Luckily, my blog is also a "mommy" outlet for me. Glad Katies wedding went well!

The Barkers said...

Mags -
It was so good to see you, too!! I'm glad we got to talk about our babies so much! Hope everything is going great for you guys - definitely let me know if you want to come visit on your way to SLU.

Anonymous said...

The pictures of Charlotte from Aunt Katie's wedding are very cute. I love the 3rd picture. I wonder if there is any way I can order one for us? With a baby as cute as that, how can wonder if you are succeeding at life?