Wednesday, November 14, 2007

YIKES

We went to the mall the other day.  After living in two different places that don't have a mall for two years (a year in each place, not two years in each place) my head started to swim with sheer magnitude of all the stuff you could buy.  Then I went into the Anthropology store.  As I was walking around admiring things I would never be able to buy for myself, I happened upon some of the Christmas items.  A lady next to me picked up a Chocolate bar and asked the clerk if the price marked on it was right.  It was a $12 chocolate bar the size and general shape of a Hershey's bar.  My jaw dropped.  The clerk's response, "Yes, it's $12, but it's really good."  That's right it better be good, for $12 it better be the best chocolate bar I've ever tasted!

7 comments:

TRS said...

Yowza!
Antropologie has some lovely, lovely things. I'm glad to hear someone else say it's spendy. Seems like everyone else I know seems to think it's reasonable.

It pained me to no end... and it took about a month for me to cut the tags off... but the only thing I've bought there is a $45 t-shirt.
I've been looking at $45 t-shirts since my college days thinking... "never never" Can't believe I actually did it!
(it's empire waisted... lightly gathered at the waistline and around the neckline with cap sleeves... so it hardly counts as just a t-shirt.)

Anonymous said...

HeHe! This totally made me laugh. I have a part time job working at Anthro and when I saw the price of those chocolate bars I just about passed out. Granted, the wrappers are pretty cute, but Hello! $12?! For that price it better clean my house for me!

Sarah

Maggie said...

It does have some beautiful clothing that I like to window shop, but I probably wont be buying anything there for quite a long, long while.

Katie said...

I read an article about Anthropologie. It said that their target demographic were women from 25-40 who have a household income of $250K and up. No wonder it seems outrageously expensive!

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Anthropologie?

I read an article in last weeks The New Yorker about chocolate and how it is a very strong trend among epicurians with all kinds of research into beans and how much cocoa, etc. With chocolate, I must admit, I'm as often about QUANTITY as quality. :)

Anonymous said...

Maggie, I can't believe that you would say Logan doesn't have a mall! I know it isn't worth a stink, but it is still a mall.

Jenny gets after me if I spend $3 on a chocolate bar, can't imagine what she would say if I paid $12.

Nate

Anonymous said...

I thought Chocolate gives you zits.