Thursday, August 13, 2009

I Bet You're Jealous Now

So this is the post wherein I make you all wish you could be me. Just letting you know. Today we went with some friends to pick blackberries. Here are the photos of the day.


We started out the day bright eyed and bushy tailed and on the bus to the blackberry patch.

Then we picked and ate and picked and ate the blackberries.

Charlotte didn't quite understand being gentle while picking so mostly she smashed the blackberries in her little hands.
She also managed to get quite a few in her mouth and all over her face. I'm not sure if you can really see it in the photo, but she did mange to get blackberry in her right ear.
After my kids get up from their naps I'm calling my friends to come over and make freezer jam with me. It's gonna be great.

6 comments:

Nurse Graham said...

Mmmm...blackberry freezer jam! So how long did it take to remove the blackberry stains from Charlotte's hands, face, clothes, etc? Looks like you had a fun time. How did Greg hold up?

Behrmans said...

Very cool... I am going to have to do this.

Katie said...

Mags! That third picture is awesome. I love how grainy and old it looks! That'd be a great one to enlarge and hang on the wall.

Maggie said...

The stains on her person weren't hard to get off at all. I think that maybe she sweated them all off! As for the clothing, they're still soaking in BIZ.

Katie- the photo is too over exposed. I forgot about not shooting into the sun and that's why it looks grainy. Maybe mom can do some magic to get it to look a little better.

MSmith said...

fun, fun, fun! Darling photos. Love you, Aunti M

dad said...

That reminds me of two little girls in Puyallup, blackberries, strawberries, etc.