Wednesday, October 21, 2009

How To Cross The Street

There are a few perks to Charlotte being in Joy School. One of my favorites is hearing what she's learning come up at home. ("You mean milk comes from cows?") One day she went on a field trip to the park. While there, the mom that was teaching talked about crosswalks and what they're used for and how to be safe around the road. A few nights later Daniel took her to his school with him to pick up a book from a friend. When they came back he told me that they encountered a crosswalk on their way from the car to the library and this is what Charlotte told her father:

Charlotte: "Are we crossing a road in a crosswalk?"
Daniel: "Yes."
Charlotte: "And do I need to hold mommy and or daddy's hand?"

I stinking love my little sponge!

4 comments:

Dan's mom said...

I often think that 2 gets a bad rap. At 2, kids see everything and they have enough language to tell you what they see - and sometimes remind you of all those things you learned in kindergarten & may have grown careless about. 2can be quite wonderful - of course, I don't currently LIVE with anyone who is 2, but I did survive 5 "2's".

dad said...

Crossing the street caused me to have the worst day of my life. I wish I could have been there so you could have held my hand.

Joy School is the greatest.

Maggie said...

I love you Daddy!

Maggie said...

Also, that day caused me to be very serious about using crosswalks when they're available and also following the traffic lights. Walk when they say walk. Don't walk when they say don't walk.