Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Doctors of Tomorrow

Last week the impending sale of our house suddenly hit me. Well, it wasn't selling the house that hit me, but rather all the work we have left to do before we list the house. That's a lot of work. After my panicking for about a day Dan gave in and let me ask our friends for help. Last Saturday this is what our backyard looked like:I am blown away by the willingness of our friends to set aside all their plans to help us. This was a totally free weekend for all the medical students (a rarity) and I knew that and still I asked them for help. I was sure it would be too much to ask and yet they just kept coming in. And they brought their wives and kids too.
Another friend of mine offered to supply a dinner for everyone so that I wouldn't have to spend my time doing that. She showed up with the delicious brisket with plenty of time to also pick up a paint brush and touch up our spindles. We are so blessed to be living in a community of future doctors that are willing to go out of their way to help us and also offer their kids to help watch ours. It is amazing. Things we got done:
  • Paint touch up
  • Half dead tree in backyard removed
  • Gardens edged
  • Mostly dead plants removed
  • All doors (but the bathroom) in the house taken down and sanded so that we can paint them
  • Window sills scraped and cleaned
  • Valence in kitchen re-hung

Are we totally ready? No. It will still be a lot of work the next month or so, but at least it feels do-able now. So a big, super huge thank you to everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Call us again when you have another list of projects. You know none of us are on rotations that matter, so put us to work doing something useful instead of running out the medschool clock.
-george