Friday, June 17, 2011

Something new

If I could only find the cord to attach the camera to the computer I would show you some awesome photos. Also if I could find one of the three battery chargers we own I could take more photos of the kids. I'm sure you are all waiting for them. Be patient. The dust will settle. At least that's what I'm going to assume. Let's just hope that when it settles I will have found where I put the dust cloth. Also, did you know that I am currently in possession of three, count them three, vacuum cleaners, none of which have full function! I would love a new vacuum.

In the mean time we have managed to have a few new exciting buys for the new house. The first being a new lawn mower. Not really exciting, but Dan said that the Honda works great. I insisted on a self propelled mower since our yard isn't flat and once work starts it's any body's guess as to when he will have time to do it.

Also, we purchased a new kitchen table. Our original little guy was just perfect for our family, but with the years, and let's be honest the kids, all the finish was rubbing off the top. We were going to just refinish it. Then earlier this week we were window shopping a new furniture store in Rochester. They had a $700 table in the scratch and dent section for only $98. That is cheaper than just refinishing our old table. When we got home Dan looked online and found the exact same table on Amazon for $250 which made us feel pretty smug. He did end up purchasing four matching chairs online so they should come soon. This sort of behavior is so very out of character for Dan!

Once we got our new table Dan has been oddly protective of it. In order to not have his head explode every time Greg comes to the table we went to JoAnn's today and bought clear vinyl to put over the top. This way the top (which was in no way scratched or dented when we purchased the table) will remain nice.

Also we purchased some outdoor pots for plants. They were %70 off at JoAnn's and it was Dan's idea. I was again shocked that he bought them. They will make a nice arrangement on our front step and for herbs maybe on the back deck?

Ok, so maybe it feels like a spending spree, but once I wrote it down it doesn't seem like that much. Either way it's been a nice change of pace for the two of us.

4 comments:

Nurse Graham said...

Sounds like someone who has worked hard, now has a real job, and is ready to enjoy the benefits.

Dan said...

You did notice that nothing was full-price, didn't you? Maybe not so different after all. Enjoy your new things - there are some fun plants to put in pots - sweet potato vines come in lots of colors now & some nurseries are begnning to have sales on their summer annuals already. Have Nate send you the "bad for dogs" plant list or get one from your vet when Percie gets her rabies vaccination.

Dan's mom said...

Hit the wrong key - last post was from :Dan's Mom

Mindy said...

I can't wait to see your new table. Good for Dan for buying you some nice new things.

We have had to buy a ton of stuff since arriving in SLC. Cleaning supplies, getting-started-in-a-new-place supplies, bike-commuting supplies, etc. I feel like I have been hemorrhaging money since we started 4th year. I'd love some new things, but gee, I would really love to see some money going into the bank instead of out...for once.