Thursday, July 14, 2011

Anyone got $1000 just lying around?

A few nights ago Dan asked everyone at dinner if they could buy something right now what would it be. Charlotte, of course, said the cowgirl toy set. His answer? A new TV. That was it. Just one item. Immediately a list popped into my head and during the next few days that list got longer and more organized. Then I realized I needed to stop thinking about this. I've got lots of things already and my life is so very blessed.

Then today my sister wrote a post about being bummed about turning 30. Wouldn't it be nice if I could surprise her for her birthday? Yeah, $1000 just isn't in the budget for something like this.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Jeez, way to make me tear up at work! That is so nice of you to even consider suprising me for my birthday! You are the best little sister in the world.

dad said...

My children teach me everyday.

Anonymous said...

Hey, wait up a bit before you get bummed on a birthday, add 50 to that 30 then keep smiling.
love ya!
g-jane

Linzi Lou, Samantha Boo, Madi Moo, and Chris too said...

I often have to stop making lists of what I "want". It can be scary of how long I can make it! I really do wish money grew on trees, but like Charlotte always says, like if hard sometimes!