Friday, May 25, 2012

Getting More Than I Wanted

What I wanted:

To cover up the nasty spider webs by my front door.

To fill my flower pots.

My flower pots color coordinating with a nice patriotic red, white and blue.

A quick project to get the kids working a bit.

What I got was:

Pink and orange.  Not the color combination I would ever have put together.

Excess flowers that then were shoved as best I could past the rocks and weed prevention material in our "flower beds."

Eventually giving up and telling the kids we're leaving the rest for Daddy.

An entire afternoon of hot and sweaty work.  Almost exclusively on my own.

A baby crying for most of it.

And

Two kids out of their minds with JOY because I let them play with the potting soil and "water" the plants with the hose.

Worth it.

No comments: