Thursday, May 03, 2012

Vignettes

A few nights ago I was in the mood for cake.  In fact since having my baby I'm always in the mood for cake, or sugar cookies, or anything that has the sugar and fat combination of baked goods.  As I was at the dinner table and I knew that if I said the word cake the kids would then be asking for it all night I simply told Dan, "I am really wanting some C-A-K-E."  Charlotte replies, "What are you talking about?"  And I said, "I spelled it so that you wouldn't know."  And she asks, "Because you're talking about cake?"

Great, now she can spell.

Lee now has a new trick.  He follows things with his eyes.  Charlotte's favorite is when he's in the car and she shines her flashlight on the seat back that the car seat faces.  He will follow it around in circles.  Then she asks if she and Greg loved that game.  I have no idea.  I never played that game with the two of them.

Greg always wants to help with the baby.  I have to have an eagle eye out because if I'm not careful I will walk into the room where the baby is crying to discover him head down in the baby swing.  It's crazy how fast Greg can "help" the baby into a sticky spot.

2 comments:

Dan's mom said...

Good news : no questions about kindergarten readiness with Charlotte.
Bad news: you'll need to come up with code words.......
Good luck at Lee's "weigh-in" this morning.

Katie said...

Next time you guys come to Denver we'll go to the Zoo and I'll show Charlotte the game I play with the penguines.

In the afternoon the light is just right that you can bounce a beam of light off the face of your cell phone and make move across their stoney enclosure. They'll all follow it for a long time...just like Lee's new trick.