Monday, May 21, 2012

I Finally Got It

I finally managed to catch a smile on video to share with everyone.  While I was searching for that video, I found a few more that I thought I'd like to share.  They're pretty good.

Many wonderful people provided dinner for us after we had Lee.  Many of those people provided enchiladas.  Greg got tired of eating enchiladas.  On the last night we told him he had to sit there and eat them or wait until bed.  He decided to wait...
This is the video where I finally caught Lee smiling.  I rotated the camera half way through because I didn't really think about trying to view it anytime in the future.  Smart, I know.
I also found a few photos on my camera I thought were worth sharing.
 Greg likes to eat his Popsicles on the top of the dog house.  It's got a much better view. 
 Greg trying something new at the park.
 While Katie and Garrett were here we went to Niagara cave.  It was a fun trip and the kids hiked the whole thing themselves.
 This is a photo of the kids at the end of the drive back from dropping off Katie and Garrett.
 A week or so before Katie and Garrett came Charlotte had a fever for a day.  I told her to take a nap and she told me she didn't need a nap.  Five minutes later this is what I found.
On Saturday Dan took all of us to Preston, MN Trout Days.  Our family loves to go to small town celebrations.  After the kids had jumped in the bounce houses and ridden in the tractor pulled train cars and we were sitting on the curb waiting for the parade to start I looked down at Greg's feet and saw that summer truly had arrived.  These are the feet of summer.

I'm not sure why blogger put this video at the end instead of up with the others, but it's too much of a hassle to move it so here's one last video treat.
This last one is of the same video session trying to get Lee to smile.  The real gem doesn't come until the end though.  I've entitled it the interpretation of tongues.

4 comments:

dad said...

Christmas is a very big deal!!!!!!!!!!

Katie said...

Lee is so freakin perfect.

How can I not love a kid that pines for Christmas in May...just like me.

Dan's mom said...

I'm glad to see that Charlotte is enjoying the purple boots - if you can't wear purple fringed boots at 5 when can you wear them?
Loved the videos & pictures - especially the "summer feet"....

anorthowife said...

we just had a rash of babies born i the ward and one of my girlfriend's told me she's been feeling just like Greg... apparently everyone brings you chicken enchiladas in our ward and after getting them from 4 different people she's decided that it'll be at least a year before she can even THINK about eating anymore.

when i spoke to someone's husband today about bringing the dinner he had a momentary flash of panic go across his face. i then reassured him i would be bringing manicotti and not enchiladas. he seemed most appreciative.