Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Falling Behind

My mother will laugh and laugh and laugh.

Each of my children, in the last week, has exhibited behavior choices that mirror myself at that age.

 This daughter of mine has her swim teacher's bamboozled.  She has decided that she likes to feel special and in order to feel special she elicits extra help from her teachers by being "too scared" to jump into the pool.  This is the part of the pool where she knows full well she can touch the bottom.  She told me, "Mom, my swim teachers are so nice to me!"
 Younger brother that he is my son has found the one sound that will get on everyone's nerves and do it whenever he doesn't get his way.  Partly I'm annoyed, partly I'm impressed by his survival skills.  Also, I thought I'd put this photo up to show everyone how awesome of a mom that I am because I let my three year old run around with long sticks.  Way to go me.  (But he did love that stick so very much.)


Mostly I just put these two photos up to show you all how much he's grown.  I took the top one, when was it, last week?  and then the bottom one today.  Neither of them are great photos, but they do show one awesome detail.  Do you see that roll on his thigh?  So cute!
This photo is just funny to me.  He still looks great with drool all down the front of his shirt.  Not everyone can pull this look off.

Also this son of mine still insists on being held much of his awake time.  Luckily for me he is also a pretty solid sleeper.  When he is held though he usually likes to lean way out away from me.  I did the same thing to my mom until I was finally old enough to understand her telling me to cuddle on into her.  I think he's just trying to get me to multitask.  This way I can hold him and work on my arm and core strength at the same time!  I never knew I would have a personal trainer.

My kids are so very much like me.

2 comments:

Dan's mom said...

Guess I won't worry about the sleeves being too big on Lee's blessing outfit.......A boy can make wonderous things out of a stick - I see Greg is enjoying that wxperience. Chorlotte looks so cute in her ruffly siut. Cute pictures!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hug and snuggle them.
g-jane