Friday, June 29, 2012

Bragging and Udates

Yesterday, after three weeks of swim lessons, where Charlotte told me that her tummy hurt every day before class, she had a breakthrough.  She jumped into the pool by herself and then, wait for it, 
SHE FLOATED ON HER BACK ALL BY HERSELF FOR AT LEAST 20 SECONDS!    I don't know how else to show what a big deal this is.  She is a floater!  It is awesome.
 Lee has taken a shine to Greg.  He already loves this kid and you can see in the photo below.
 Also he loves to stretch.  And wear this outfit.  How can I tell he likes this outfit?  Firstly, he looks so cute in it.  Secondly it's about the only thing I've put him in that he hasn't immediately spit up on or pooped on in a while.  I take that as a, "I like this thing Mom," sort of message.
 Again, he loves his brother.
 Earlier this week I decided to do a little bit of education time, you know, like I used to do before.  Turns out you don't need a whole lot of prep time, or energy to pull off a pretty fun afternoon for your kids.  What you need is sequins and glue: (We decided to do the letter I)
 I didn't take a photo of the mazes and dot-to-dot exercises I printed off the computer, but I did include Kool-aid:
 That we made into Iced Kool-aid (The kids were out of their minds with excitement once I explained what Kool-aid was and after Charlotte got over what she considered a stinky smell coming from the packet):
 And then I gave them a huge block of Ice that had some "treasures" frozen in it.  I gave them some butter knives and the hacked away at that thing for about an hour.  Then it got light enough to throw into the pool and melted that way.  They kept asking me if they could keep the treasures.  I guess they must have forgotten the small toys I dug out of the bottom of the toy bins downstairs.
Also, and this isn't pictured, Dan has decided to try to purchase a 1953(I think) willy's wagon from Denver instead of Tucson.  Much easier logistically to get it here.  He called the seller to set up a time for my sister and her husband (in Denver) to go check it out.  The seller said that it was just his grandpa puttering around car and it was time for him to not have it anymore.  The humor wasn't lost on me that my husband is seeking out to buy a "grandpa puttering around car."  He is such an old man at times!

No comments: