Monday, July 02, 2012

Failure is Totally an Option

Today is our anniversary.  It's number seven, or is it 700, or didn't we just get married yesterday?

He's the love of my life.

The fixer of broken things.

The worker of small miracles.

The leaver of stinky balled up wet wash cloths.

I'm so glad that I'm married to him because he makes big deals seem small

and old things seem new

and everything doable.

And he makes me feel ok when my plans turn out to be no-so-very-do-able.

I love him because when I'm with him failure is an option and it's so much less stressful when you aren't continually worrying about having to be perfect.

I decided that this year it's my turn to plan our anniversary date because he told me on Saturday, "We do happen to have a bathroom in need of tiling again."

3 comments:

Nurse Graham said...

Congratulations. Seven years has gone by so fast!

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful marriage!
g-jane

dad said...

Go have some fun, you can tile anytime.