Monday, July 23, 2012

A Birthday Gift

I told the kids that it was Aunt Katie's birthday and they were excited to do something special for her.  We went to the store and bought the supplies and then we made our project and then practiced and practiced and practiced.  When we figured we had it pretty great we called Aunt Katie to see if she could skype with us to enjoy and feel our love for her.  

Then she didn't answer.  We waited and had dinner.  Then we called again.  No answer.  Then Lee had to go to bed so our critical third part could not be achieved correctly.  No problem, I would have to step in to cover for Lee.  It wouldn't be as cute, but it would probably make more sense.  We called the ear doctor.  No answer.  Knowing the ear doctor, they must be doing something amazing in honor of her birthday.  Just so Aunt Katie would know our love for her we thought we'd video record our efforts.

So here is take number 237 (the best of the lot):

And this is a video that I was unaware was being taped (despite what it may say in the video, I guess I wasn't really listening to Charlotte).  I always enjoy a little bit of behind the scenes action.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I can't tell you how much I love you and those kids. Seriously, my favorite gift this year.

Dan's mom said...

I hope Katie had a great birthday adventure. As you may remember, that date is alos our anniversary. We celebratedin an unusual way: Craig had to chair the board meeting at the clininc, so first we went to dinner on Saturday. At 4Pm on Monday, the berners began barking like crazy outside - we have a neighbor who gets a bit snarky whenever there is barking, so I went out to stop it. The berners had cornered a porcupine - and while Mia had only poked at it with her nose, Corso had tried to bite it, so he had quills in hos mouth. I spent about an hour & ahalf at the vet emergency clininc. Hope her birthday was better than that.

Anonymous said...

That was the best!!!! Are they going to be in the choir?
g-jane

Anonymous said...

cute - cute - double cute!
-Aunt Marci