Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Thank You Rain

I've been a bit over-occupied about finances lately.  We've got enough to meet our needs, but I've been feeling the weight of making wise choices.  Trying to balance the needs, wants, obligations, and desires of all our family members financially sometimes feels overwhelming.

Simultaneously we happened to be under a heat advisory here.  Every day felt hot, humid, and oppressive.  I think the kids were feeling the humidity and heat and reacting by creating a bit of heat between themselves.  

I was feeling the weight physically and mentally and probably because I always seem to feel as well, emotionally.

Then this evening the clouds rolled in.  They broke open and showered lovely, beautiful, warm and yet cooling rain on us.  I took the kids and dragged them outside.  Though I told them it was unnecessary, Charlotte was convinced they needed rain coats.  Greg, like any obedient younger brother, let her put one of her rain coats on him.

And then we played.

 And played.
 And played.
 And played
 And played

We had fun with the flowing water in the gutter and the leaves and the big, fat drops of rain.  We only came in when we were wet from head to toe.  Greg did eventually decide that the pink rain coat wasn't needed.  The cool rain seemed to wash away, at least for a moment, not only the dirt and dust and sidewalk chalk on our driveway, but also the stress of everything I'd been worrying about from my heart.

And we had fun

And it didn't cost a single cent.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love a summer rain. Greg looks cute in the pink raincoat.
Love you,
Aunt Marci