Monday, September 10, 2012

From the Little Lee

How is it that five months have already passed since this little guy entered our family?  Five months was F-O-R-E-V-E-R with Charlotte.  Five months is nothing with this little guy.  I thought I'd take a second to write a little about him before I forget (because I know I will).  
 The first photo is for Grandpa Greg.  Here Lee is asking when to be on the course for his tee time.  Shortly after taking this photo he simultaneously grew out of this outfit and figured out how to sit up on his own (in short spurts).  I don't think he's going to stay in the sitting phase for very long.  This kid is so much like Charlotte.  He is always moving.  Always.  He doesn't sit very much because he's always lunging for something just out of his reach.  Not at all like Greg, who was so very happy to just sit.
 Also I have never seen a baby so interested in eating.  Starting at about four and a half months he would sit on our laps at dinner and lunge, mouth open, at any food he saw.  He would then cry when he didn't get anything.  That's why we started giving him food a little bit ago.  He loves it.  (Again just like Charlotte.)  What he does not so much love is when the food is all gone.  He has now developed a funny cry when he wants to eat something.  He'll sit with his mouth open and tongue partly out and sort of cough/cry.  He'll do that for a while and when that doesn't work he switches to his totally mad cry.
And finally I included this photo to show that he descends from my family.  This is exactly what Aunt Katie does for photos!  She anticipates the flash and blinks at just the wrong time.  Lee has been rolling over front to back and back to front for a while now.  Like I told you, he's got all sorts of wanting to get moving in his little body.

1 comment:

dad said...

I can hardly wait for that tee time.