Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Matters of the Heart

One project today was to make a book about shapes and colors. I gave each student a sheet of shapes to color in and cut out. They all did the best they could. One small child worked so hard at coloring, and did a really good job. When it came to cutting out though he was having some troubles. He cut all of the shapes (square, triangle, circle, rectangle) into pieces and just felt kind of bad about it so he decided that his heart shape was going to be cut perfectly. He worked and worked and just at the very end he made a mistake and cut right into the middle of the shape. Distraught he says to me, "Teacher I broke my heart!" This was cute enough, but then the little girl sitting next to him says, "You mean by love?"

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, now that is really cute. If you want to let anybody comment on your blogs you have to go into the setup and change it. It doesn't do that automatically.

Maggie said...

Katie, I TOLD you on the disclaimer that I wasn't going to work at this blog thingy. I'll see what I can do if you really think that I should though.