Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Telling Someone's Age

Small children have a very hard time telling the age of the adults around them. I assume that the only people reading this are people that I personally know, but for those strangers that may just be wandering around I am 20 years old and I look it.

The other day I had a girl in my class that asked me if I had any kids that were going to the camp. I just told her no, that I didn't have any going to the camp. She then asked me if that was because they had all grown up and moved away. I wonder sometimes.

1 comment:

Heather said...

When I coached my little sister's soccer team I got a lot of the same questions. The kids on the team were 4-6 years old. I remember one kid asked me if I was 40, and he was dead serious. I don't think kids that young really have a concept for age. I guess because I was someone who was teaching them they just assumed I was old (I was only 17 at the time).