Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Getting Sick

I am kinda hesitant to actually write anything on this blog now because I know it wont elicit the response of my last one. Actually I wasn't expecting very much of a response on the last one.

Anyway, I'm sick. I've been sick for a full week now. I'm blaming all of this on Dan. Sure he wasn't the one that gave me the sickness, but it's still his fault. Weekend before last we went up to Logan to see his brother and sister in law get sealed. I was sleeping in their boy's room (they have two absolutley precious little boys) on the bunk beds. The older boy got the sofa bed in the front room with grandma and grandpa. Anyway, in the middle of the night Travis, the younger one, woke up scared. I let him climb in the bottom bunk with me to sleep for the night. Did I fail to mention that HE was incredibly sick? He coughed right in my face a few times in the night. So yeah, it's Dan's fault. Also compounded with this sickness was that last night I decided that I wanted to eat chocolate so I went out and bought four candybars on sale and ate ALL of them last evening. This morning not only do I have a cold but I fell kinda gross in my stomach from all the chocolate.

The worst part about all this is that Dan thinks that getting sick is all in your head. He says that people get sick, but they chose to let it effect them. Like when he got mono and didn't know it until he tried to donate blood and they wouldn't take it because of his mono. So perhaps to an extent he is right. On the other hand, I'm not the only one in the world that gets sick. I am most definitely sick. I can't help that. I have tried to keep going as usual, but the fact of the matter is that I don't have as much strength as a healthy person would. So I'm sick and I can't even say anything to him. I think it stems from the fact that his whole family consisted of healthy children. That's just my theory though.

At any rate, I'm sick and I want to be better right now. I wish it worked like that.

3 comments:

the narrator said...

get better mags :)

Sam said...

I hope you feel better, too! Plus you get to go home next week and see Dan, right?!

Anonymous said...

Really I think that you can catch mono and it doesn't always flare up right away. So he probably caught it and it just never flared up. Sometimes it doesn't do it for years. At least that's what I've been told.