Monday, August 15, 2005

Aargh

So I was thinking about health insurance, as I'm still sick and wondering about such things. I looked on the OSU website. When my husband told me that OSU charged $400 a term for ONE person for health insurance I thought he must have got it wrong. I went on just to check and it turns out he did get it wrong. It is $554 a PERSON a TERM. That means I would have to pay that much just to cover me for three months! That's crazy! The only way I would pay that were if I were preg-o or had a chronic disease!

4 comments:

the narrator said...

you'll be pregnant within the next couple months mags. better sign up.

Maggie said...

That's not the plan right now.

Katie said...

$554 for three months is nothing compared to medical bills. My thumb ended up costing me $1000 and that was after insurance. I can't believe what it would have cost without. You better get it. Better safe than sorry.

Maggie said...

Yeah, I think we'll get some sort of insurance, but we're going to shop around for the cheapest we can find. I remember at BYU the cost for a term was only $167, and the terms were longer. I just don't know. I REALLY want insurance, but my sweet hubby says that we don't need it. I'm torn