Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Beautiful 2

Well, thank you all very much for the uplifting comments. The point of that last post was not to see if I was beautiful or not, it was that I think its weird when complete strangers take it apon themselves to comment to me about it. I would find it just as unnerving to have a complete stranger come up and tell me I look ugly. All the same I would like to thank you.

Today I was reading and I found a good definition of beauty, "the loveliest women... [have] a glow of health, a warm personality, a love of learning, stability of character, and integrity...[and the] gentle spirit of the Lord." Jeffery R Holland

I hope that I can always be that sort of beautiful.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Maggie,

You fit that description of beautiful, but you are also absolutely gorgeous and it makes perfect sense to me that complete strangers feel obligated to let you in on this fact =-)

Katie said...

I think you rule.

Anonymous said...

I've seen Katie's pictures of you.
You ARE beautiful. I was going to leave a message on Katie's blog before this issue came up.
And I AM a complete stranger.

The thing is you're beautiful without being disgustingly model-like beautiful in the way that people need to hate you, seek out ugly sticks with which to beat you.

You're a natural beauty. Not perfect - beyond expectations beautiful... and that's the best kind of beautiful.
The beautiful that sort of sneaks up with you.
Mostly because you don't know you're beautiful and that's even more attractive!