Thursday, July 20, 2006

Not that it's all that Interesting

So here's the update so far

I had an interview for a job working at a place called "Dub's Scrubs." They sell scrubs and other medical equipment. Anyway, it was nice to go to the interview and do absolutely nothing but give them my resume and say hi and have them love me. It would be nice to have a completely stress free job that I never had to worry about. On the other hand I faxed in my resume to a place needing an administrative assistant and they called me for an interview on Tuesday. That job would be full time with benefits. So that probably means more stress. So I don't know. It would be nice to get the higher paying job though. So that's how things are on the job front.

Daniel and I are still looking for a place, but I have had MUCH better luck lately. We called about a 2 bedroom place yesterday that was only $395/month including utilities. That seems so cheap that I'm worried it's a dump, but we'll go see it. There's also a few that are a little more expensive but nothing like the ones I was seeing before. So that's good.

In the me going insane department, I realized last night that I've been an absolute nag to my husband and I felt really bad and started crying my brains out when I apologized. The whole epiphany started yesterday when I was supposed to call the places for rent from the classified ads in the paper. There were so many, and let's be honest I'm a big baby and HATE to call people on the phone. So anyway, I piddled around the whole day trying to stall the inevitable. After I hung up from talking to the third person my husband got home from work. I asked (read told) him to help me call half while I called the other half. Then when he didn't really want to do it I blew up in his face. (Keep in mind that "blowing up" with us actually means a heated silence and then angry words. Nobody actually yells.) I said some not very nice things in front of his brother and his brother's wife and instantly was completely embarrassed by my outburst. The problem got resolved for the time being and I just let things lie. Later, when we were home alone together I realized that I had acted horribly and apologized. It was then that I realized that I've been nagging at him a lot lately and if the roles were reversed I would have totally been complaining and he had said nothing. Also another great thing about him on top of that was that as soon as I apologized he forgave me. There was no hurt feelings being held or anything. I thought to myself how amazing my husband is and everything for me and that's when I completely lost it. Anyway, I know you're not really supposed to talk about fights that you had with your spouse or something, but I figured this one was OK because it taught me that I need to quit being so negative. I'm sorry to anyone else that may have experienced any of my negativity lately. (At this point there's no need to lecture me because I already feel bad and embarassed enough.) I've decided to be better.

Other than that I just thought I'd say how much I love my family here in Logan (Nate, Jenny and their kids). I like to look at them and think about how Dan and I will be in the future. I'm so grateful that they are here and so I don't feel completely lonely. It's great to be so close to Jenny that I can just go to their house when I have free time. I can tell this year is going to be a good one already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Umm...being negative, blowing up for no apparent reason, totally emotional...any particular reason all of these things are occurring since they appear to be so out of character for you? Just curious.