Monday, February 23, 2009

Growing Up

First I had a little newborn.





Then I had a chubby little baby.





Then I had a plump tiny toddler.





Now I'm starting to get a skinny kid.


The first day of kindergarten is going to be rough on this momma. This all comes up because I decided to look through all of Charlotte's old clothing in the basement and sort out the gender neutral stuff. There was some, but let me tell you I sure did like to dress her in pink and ruffles! No question she was a girl by those totes. Anyway, as I looked through the tiny dresses and sunday shoes, the frilly little sun outfits and the little swimsuits I started to yearn for her to be that little again! How did it go so fast? It's been two years, but still she's so new and awesome to me every day!

One of my friends says she has a niece who had curly hair like Charlotte's until she turned four and then it grew in thick and straight. I asked her one day if the girl's mom (my friend's sister) missed the curls. I absolutely adore my daughter's curls. Now though I'm thinking that she might miss them, but honestly there's probably too many amazing things about her daughter now that she can't miss the curls too much. It's like that with Charlotte. I don't really have time on a day to day basis to miss my little cuddly bear because I'm so awed by the ingenuity, beauty, and humor I am faced with today. She is so awesome!

But looking at her baby stuff I can't help but remember that she was so awesome too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charlotte has pretty strong curly hair genes, so I think it will stay. It might relax a bit but not much - did yours? Dan's hair got more curl as he got older - he had the straightest hair of the boys.
Time has a way of just slipping past - but don't get me started. I remember Dan's first day of kindergarten.

Mindy said...

I know what you mean. I've only been doing this for four months, and I'm already shocked at how fast my little babe is growing up.
I loved seeing these pictures of little Charlotte how she was when we met her. It really wasn't that long ago, and it has gone so fast. And you're right...she is such a great little girl! Happy, friendly, spunky, and so completely beautiful!