Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Large and In Charge....Mostly

Pregnancy is the one time in life where being big is celebrated. At least it is for me. My husband would say that I'm constantly complaining about my size, which is true, but mostly it's the discomforts of being this big that I don't like. The feeling of dragging all this extra weight up the stairs yet again to get my daughter to the toilet, to get the doggie that we left downstairs, or to answer the phone, really anything makes me wish we lived in a single story house. Or at least one with a bathroom on the main floor. But that's not what I'm talking about.

What I mean when I say that I celebrate how big I am right now (which I totally mean to get a photo of, but I'm waiting for a day in which I've actually done my makeup and hair) is that when I'm big and round it also means that my baby is big and healthy and strong. I feel that yes, it is an inconvience to be this large, and having all my joints hurt, and having to pee all the time, but also if this is what it takes to get my little one here then I'll do it. The third trimester really is a stinker no matter how you slice it. But that doesn't matter so much to me anymore because I love him already.

3 comments:

TRS said...

So excited for you.

I wish I could experience pregnancy some day. Each day it's becoming more and more unlikely.

So please, enjoy it a little more for me.

Anonymous said...

It's great fun to share the joy you find in being a mom and watch your justifyable confidence grow. I'm not sure anyone with an almost 2 year old is in charge though. I'm glad you had fun being the "ultrasound mom" & enjoyed the peek at your little guy.

J said...

You don't know me, but I stumbled upon your blog while looking for applique info (steamaseam). I really enjoyed a peek into a life so similar to mine it's ridiculous. You just reminded me how wonderful it is to be a Mom of a two year old, waiting on another and enjoying the blessings of marriage (even without flowers) and starting into a Masters degree. I'm going to go hug my not-so-baby right now. Thank you.
Jennie