Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Almost out of the Tunnel

Well, I can see the light at the end of the step 1 boards tunnel. Dan takes his test Friday and then I'm sure is going to crash a bit over the weekend. I can't wait. It's been a long two months.

This last week hasn't been too bad though because Daniel's mom is in town to help me with the kids so he can focus on the boards. That planning was a stroke of genius on my part. Today I actually contemplated how much I loved my mother in law and maybe, just for today, it might actually be more than I love Daniel. She is amazing! She has let me sleep in, she lets me take naps, she has cooked us dinner, taken us out to lunch, and done the dishes. It has been such a great vacation. I especially appreciate it since I had a bout a week and a half of torture between when my sister and her husband left and when my mother-in-law came. And I must say that I love my family!

Maybe in a couple of days I'll actually be able to see my husband during the day. Wont that be nice? I think I'm going to make him take a little vacation here in St. Louis. On my list of things to do is: Zoo, Magic House, Suson Park, Grant's Farm. Even after living in St. Louis for two years he's not been to any of those except the zoo. Any other suggestions?

3 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Jack really likes the Butterfly house. We were just there on Saturday. Children 3 and under are free and adults are $6. There is also a really big/nice playground and an inside carousel. You may have already been? We ended up getting the season pass that is also good at the botanical gardens!

Maggie said...

That's funny because we have a botanical gardens membership that will get us in to the butterfly house too. That's a good suggestion. We've never been to the carousel out there.

Behrmans said...

I think is one of the most romatic things ever. Never been to one but have seen many in the movies. I think we might try to make it tonight. We will see.

http://www.shakespearefestivalstlouis.org/