Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Vacation

When we go to my in-laws house for holidays I rarely see my husband. This is because he has a need to not stop working and also wants to be of as much use to his parents as possible. Although part of me thinks he should take a stinking break already, most of me feels proud to have a husband with a work ethic like that.

Last Friday Daniel took step one of the boards and our entire household gave out a huge sigh of relief when he got home. Finally! He, and the rest of us too, could have a little vacation together! I am happy to say that we have gone to the Magic House, and Grant's Farm, and tomorrow Daniel will be taking his mother and Charlotte to the Zoo to give me a little time to get our house in order to leave for a family reunion.

Each afternoon of this vacation I have taken a nap. I figure take advantage of the help of Dan's mom while I can. When she leaves I'm on my own again. Daniel however thinks, "I've got to take advantage of the time I've got to get as much done as possible." When we were coming home from the Magic House Dan said, "I'm really tired, but I probably better not sleep." To which I replied, "You're on vacation. The definition of vacation is that you don't have to work." It's funny how we take advantage of this time in such a different way.

No comments: