Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Warm Fuzzies

There are probably about a billion better things you could be reading right now, but I just wanted to take a minute to tell everyone how much I love my husband at Christmastime. He loves Christmas. He loves everything about it and wishes it would snow every year for him. Unless you know him very well you would never know he is so passionate about the season because he has a very quiet, subtle passion. But when you know it seems like a little secret you share with him and the others that know him and it adds so much to the holiday spirit. I catch him humming "It's the most wonderful time of the year!" in his little hum all the time and I just love it. I love how he's instilling that joy and excitement into our kids. I also loved listening him tell Charlotte the Christmas story the other night while doing dishes.

Tonight, even though he has to take the shelf exam on Friday, when I asked that we drive around the town to look at Christmas lights he agreed. Also, when I started singing Christmas songs in the car (something I'm sure my sister would have said, "let's listen to the professionals" to) he chimed in and the two of us key surfed our way through a half hour of the songs. He even suggested some of his own. No wonder Charlotte loves to sing in the car. (Her favorite one right now is the "pum pum song" which is The Little Drummer Boy. After days of singing this song over and over she asked us tonight if the boy was "hitting his head" which put an interesting new twist to the song.)

I am just amazed at what a wonderful leader he is for our family and I love him for it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, the little drummer boy isn't hitting his head. It's his mother hitting her head; the cards aren't out, the shopping isn't done, the house isn't clean and she listens to him practice every day. She too needs to relax and enly the season. Pum pum to you.

Love, Mom

Katie said...

Um, Wrong.

Christmas carols are best belted out by each individual, not left to a professional, my dear! No singing skills required at all.

Just as the ear doctor about my "awesome" renditions he's heard this season!

Maggie said...

Do you remember when I suggested we sing Christmas carols as we put the tree up at mom's house just this very Thanksgiving and your response was (and I quote) "Let's listen to the professionals."? Although you and I do have a great many years of singing Christmas songs together so I guess I can't take that stand based on one comment alone.

Nurse Graham said...

Danny was always in love with Christmas--probably has something to do with all of the traditions because he seems to be like that, very traditional. Can't wait to see you guys in a few days.

Dan's mom said...

I saved the stuffed ormanments for you all to hang. Dan will know which ones I mean.