Thursday, December 10, 2009

What's Not Getting Done

When I came back from Thanksgiving break I realized that I had litterally two weeks to "do Christmas" at our house before heading back to family for the holiday. And you want to know what happens when you have a two year old, a six month old, and two weeks to get everything in? A lot of stuff doesn't get done. Because I hosted Joy School this week, and went to the library story time that Charlotte loves, and cleaned up after three accidents in the bathroom, and other errands that I do on a regular and an irregular basis we didn't make Christmas cookies. In fact, Daniel made us some peanut butter cookies with mini kisses in them and I think we might call that good. Since next week we have Christmas parties, finishing making some presents, more Joy School festivites, dentist appointments, flu shot boosters, Daniel taking the shelft, Music Makers and getting ready for vacation errands I probably wont be doing extra stuff then either. We're pretty lucky we have our decorations up at all. Most of what I'm not doing is stuff I didn't want to do anyway, but there's one thing I'm pretty sad I'm not fitting in. I'm not doing Christmas cards this year. After we went and got great family photos and everything. I just can't fit it in. So Merry Christmas to everyone I love.

2 comments:

Dan's mom said...

Bring your cards - there willl still be almost a week to get them out after you get here & there will be help with the "little critters". I don't think anyone mids getting a picture card at the last minute!

Nurse Graham said...

Or send your cards out as "New Year's" cards. Heck, one of my friends waited to send her cards out as "Christmas in July" cards--yep, a Christmas card in July. That was how she handled a very busy previous year and feeling like she just HAD to do a Christmas card and letter.