Monday, August 09, 2010

The Destroyer

My son makes messes faster than I can clean them up. Not little messes either. Messes like pooping on the floor and walking through it. Messes like emptying an entire sippy cup of juice on my comforter. And messes like destroying his crib.

I'm sure you're wondering what I'm talking about when I say he is destroying his crib. I mean he's eating it. You know how a lot of kids chew on the top bar of their crib when they're teething? My son started when he was getting his first teeth, and hasnt' stopped. He has literally chewed pieces off the top of his crib. It sort of blows my mind that he is eating his crib. Clearly we're going to have to sand the rail down and restain it for the next child, but what do I do in the meantime?

7 comments:

Dan's mom said...

Does "Bitter Apple" spray work on children? Actually, it might not -I don't taste bitter so Dan has at least one non-taster gene. Alum solution might work. I'm trying to think non-toxic & non-painful but nasty. Arubber bone? a kong? Maybe Corso has a toy he will like....

denise said...

Check at Babies r us and see if they still make the rail protectors. Used to be a piece of plastic that just snapped over the top of the rail.

Katie said...

Get a bunch of flat Kong chew toys and stick them to the top of the crip with command strips.

Roscoe can't get through them, so I'm pretty sure greggie will have a challenge...

Dan's mom said...

I remember that Charlotte was the "Un-doer 1.0" Now Greggie has his own designation - the "Destroyer 1.0" Boys are just different critters from the word go.

dad said...

FEED HIM. He needs pork ribs.

Behrmans said...

Maggie, I heard of kids that eat certain things like dirt, wood, etc because there is something lacking in their diet. You might want to ask Dan or a Doc about it and see if he needs something extra in his diet. So is there a nick name from this behavior?

denise said...

Check out this product at babiesrus.com
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3190434