Sunday, August 08, 2010

A Very Very Very Fine House

I was waiting to post photos of all our work until it was done and everything was clean. What a joke. I decided to stop waiting and just post them.

First the best before photo I could find:

As you can see the walls were peach with dark green above the chair rail. The wood was partially stripped. What you can't see is that the wall was in despirate need of resurfacing. I also didn't have a very good before photo of the bench, which was beautiful, but also partially stripped. Here's the new view as you come in the front door.


We repainted the wall a much better green. The first green we painted was beautiful, but matched nothing else in our house. This looks much better. We also stripped, stained, painted, and put down a carpet runner on the stairs.



We also installed this new hall light. Previously this hall had a gross pull string light. Now it has this little beauty that we got on clearance at Lowe's. I enjoy the area so very much now. All that is left are the details and decorating it. I hope you enjoyed the update. I sure did.

9 comments:

Nurse Graham said...

Wow! That's all I can say. The woodwork is beautiful. You guys did a terrific job staining the bench and railing. I love the light.

Mary Gibb said...

What a great job! Your home is beautiful!

Katie said...

Oh, it's REALLY pretty! I love it!

Mindy said...

I Love It!!! And you're done with that huge project! Congratulations! It's so beautiful, and love the green color. Oh, and the light. I never did see the light installed before I left. Thanks for the pictures!

Mindy said...

Also, I found a before picture of your bench from this post from 2008:
http://missmargaret.blogspot.com/2008/12/new-things-to-post.html

TRS said...

Wow. Beautiful.

Nice work. I love the bench.

dad said...

Good job, especially for a bunch of rookies. It looks like it was done by pros.

jana@cherryteacakes.com said...

maggie your house is SO beautiful! that green is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

WOW AND WOW again . beautiful job.
grnadma jane