Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Feeling Bad For Him

Yesterday Dan woke up at 4 AM, ate breakfast by 4:30 and was out of the house by 4:45.

He was in the OR most of the day. He didn't make it home until 6:30 PM. At which point he ate dinner, his second meal for the day. He was so wiped out that he just laid on the floor at the top of the landing until it was time to put the kids to bed. I assumed he'd be going to bed at the same time.

He probably thought so too.

At 8 PM one of the women in our ward called us frantically searching for people to help her husband move them from their current apartment into their new place. They had to be out of the place that night and nobody had shown up to help.

Dan wasn't home until 10 PM.

He said he needed some water so he sat in the kitchen while I did dishes and talked his head right off. He is so patient and loving and hard working.

He's superman.

As a little pick-me-up I showed him the video of Greg dancing at the concert we went to a few weeks ago. I can't figure out how to flip the video so you'll have to tilt your head.

I think he's got some pretty awesome moves.

5 comments:

denise said...

Poor Dan, and Greg dances like his grandpa without the foot bounce

Katie said...

Wow, he totally learned his moves from his namesake!


I am SO proud of what a hard worker Dan is! He is the best!

dad said...

My sons in law are examples to me. I thought I was supposed to be the example. Jack Black learned his moves from Greg and Me.

Mindy said...

So sorry about Dan's schedule. Don't you wish you could show up for lunch and feed him something hot and delicious? I feel that way when Spiff has rotations like that.

And Greg...Oh, I love him so much! I want to squeeze him! What a little charmer, with the moves and all. I miss you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan, hope you are not working too hard! You are a super grand-son-in-law. Greg, with a little more practice we can put you on TV.
Lovve,
g-grandma jane