Sunday, November 21, 2010

Cool Kid Stuff

My son is talking now. A sampling of his words:
  • Ni-ni for night night
  • lion
  • Dan
  • bow for bowl
  • hel for help which happens about a billion times a day

It's pretty awesome. He also answers our questions appropriately. Are you hungry? Do you want food? Are you cold? The only one he doesn't answer reliably is are you poopy? Then he just runs away from you. Every time.

Charlotte is also doing some pretty awesome stuff. She "reads" books to her little brother. She also is figuring out the rules of life. The other day she saw someone run a red light and she says, "They can't do that! That's illegal!" To which I had to laugh because I had no idea that she knew the word illegal much less the meaning. Having an almost four year old is so much fun.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Greg is also really good at saying Ball.


I love your kids with every fiber of my being!

Dan's mom said...

I'm not at all surprised that Charlotte has picked up not only the word "illegal" but it's meaning - she seems to have a bit of her daddy's sense of order-
I'm glad that she is allowing Greggie to speak for himself.

Mindy said...

I love that he is figuring out how to say what's on his mind. I can't wait to hear more!!! Love him!