Tuesday, March 26, 2013

So Much Good

I see so much good in life and in people.

I see so much hate and anger in life and in people.

I see lessons being taught to my children and myself daily from every possible side.

My daughter was born six years ago this week.  

My son was born one year ago this week.

I've been thinking about them almost constantly and what I wish for them (all of them) so fervently with all my heart.

There are so many thoughts in my head they seem squeezed through my limited ability to put words to them.

Simply put, I wish for them to look to the good.  It is there.

There are so many good things for them out there in life for them to associate with and to build up.

There are sacrifices that they can make that will mean something to them and to those around them.

I feel that we become better people as we search out the good in the people that surround us.  

That right there, is the simple statement that motherhood has taught me.

I know I certainly become a better mother when I search out the good in my children.  I have never experienced a positive change that came from me bringing out the negative in anything.

Find the good in your life and go after it with all you've got.




1 comment:

Mindy said...

Look at your beautiful tiny babies! So sweet. I love Lee's dark hair.