Friday, March 08, 2013

You might miss it

I realized Wednesday that Lee likes books!  I hadn't really read him any up until now because he's a baby and my experience has shown me that its kind of ridiculous to try and read to someone that isn't interested and my babies haven't been very interested.  And he wasn't.  So I would look for times when he was napping to read to the others.  And then suddenly he likes books!  Mostly lift the flap books and mostly just one at a time, but books!

And then I noticed that he said Mama and he meant me.  I am mama and I will fix whatever is wrong and so he will come to me when things are wrong and I will fix them.  I love this time of life because I can fix them.  There are things that I can't fix for Greg and things that I can't fix for Charlotte, but for Lee the things he needs fixed I can fix.  If that doesn't make you feel like a million I don't know what would

Then today we were talking during breakfast and he looked over to his brother and said Geg.  I wouldn't have believed it if Charlotte and Greg hadn't heard it to, but they did and we all knew what he said.  Charlotte was hoping that he would say her name and then I had to break the sad news that her name is really hard for babies to pronounce.  He probably won't be saying Charlotte any time soon.

Yesterday he was playing in the drawers and cabinets of the kitchen, a favorite game of his.  I was trying to be patient with it and really wasn't.  He didn't care one way or the other.  He wasn't understanding, or maybe listening to me.  I picked him up and said, "give momma a kiss?"  He stopped squirming for the floor turned his head to me and opened his mouth wide.  The slobber all across my cheek was what I needed as a happy gift from a happy boy.  I set him back down and let him get after rearranging the kid dishes.  Again.

1 comment:

MSmith said...

Awesome wonderfulness. Enjoy those cuties :)