Tuesday, March 05, 2013

A post about mostly nothing

Sorry about the lack of posts lately.  It isn't the case of lack of topics in my head or lack of desire to update. It's more like lack of space carved out of my life to fit this in to.  This January was perhaps one of the best ever.  I feel safe to say it was the best since Dan started medical school and I attribute that entirely to a week in the Denver sun while my kids had a fun filled week with Grandma.  I came back refreshed to a household of happy people.  It was great.  Then we had the worst February.  It finally warmed up enough here to snow and snow it has.  Plus the last two weeks of February were spent sequestered in our house because of illness.  We caught a stomach virus that just never quit.  Every time I thought we were out of the woods someone else would come up to my pasty white and say they weren't feeling well.

But I'm optimistic now that I think that has passed.  Yesterday Greg and I had a rocket ship day with different rocket ship crafts and then learning about what Aunt Katie does.  We looked at NASA pictures and then at a few rocket launches and then two really cool animations of all the things the Orion space vehicle can do.  It is very cool.  The hardest part was to impress Greg with how big the rocket ships are.  When it is lifting off there is nothing in the background to show how big it is and how huge the blast is when it is ignited.  Oh well, I guess that will come later.

In other super huge news, Lee can walk.  He is funny and totally unique in this journey from my other two.  He is simultaneously getting better at walking and crawling.  He's sort of at the anything goes stage of moving.  Perhaps that is more like how other babies learn this task, but my other two were completely different.  Now that he's walking/crawling/climbing the stairs he has become the perfect undo-er.  Good gracious!  The milk, surely I didn't want that on the shelf in the fridge.  The recycling must look much better when scattered across the kitchen floor.  It is his personal mission to never let the dog food be inside of the bowl.  He must think Perci likes to eat it better when across the floor.  And the toilet paper.  Pretty sure that's all I need to say about that.

Today is a snow day.  We're projected to get 8-10 inches before noon.  School is cancelled.  Lets hope we can come up with some activities to enjoy the day.

1 comment:

Dan's mom said...

Sorry about the stomach virus - never any fun for anyone.
Greg will love a daytrip to Cape Canaveral next year when Dan has the Jacksonville rotation. He will get to see space stuff close up & he will see how big those rockets really are. And then there is the undoer - when the excitement of being able to do completely overcomes fear and judgement...