Monday, September 20, 2004

The Egg Drop Soup Miracle

So this morning I had to get up early to do my homework for classes. It was rough, but I did it. Then I went to class. I am totally stressed about my chemistry class. I have a test that I'm probably going to be taking friday night for it and I am so far behind. I don't think I'll be able to catch up right now. Oh well, that's what I get for practically taking a week off of classes. After Chemistry I went to my stat lab. I can't stand being in classes with people that are slow. I mean I should be more patient because sometimes I'm the slow one in the class, but some of the kids in this class couldn't even follow the directions for opening crunchit. These were step by step kinda instructions and they couldn't figure it out. Also, one of the kids in there is taking the class for the THIRD time! I was pretty frustrated. Maybe it was because I was tired and hungry though. (Just so you don't freak out Mom, I had an apple and cottage cheese and toast for breakfast.) So I was walking home and thinking about what I wanted to make myself for lunch and I was just so sad because I didn't want to cook for just myself. Then I came home and witnessed a miracle!

My roommate Heather made egg drop soup and left some in the fridge for me with a note on it. I was so happy! I really do have one of the best people to live with ever! She's so thoughtful. I need to be more like her. Anyway, thanks Heath!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Mags, you should bare your testimony on Fast Sunday about how you love your rommate...
Actually I only do these things because you are my favorite person, and you are always doing stuff for me. I'm going to miss you when you get married, but maybe we'll meet up in Washington in a few years.

Anonymous said...

I have to ask... So Maggie, when are you getting married? And are you transferring schools or is he coming down here? Just curious :) -SAM

Katie said...

Wow, that is really nice, Heather.

One time my sophmore year I was walking home from school and I was really sad and upset and as I rounded the corner I saw a similar miracle. The girl who lived above me was out washing my car. I was so touched by her kindness that tears started to well up. It was great.

Maggie said...

As for Sam's questions, I don't really know when I'm planning on getting married, sometime next July is all we've talked about. I'm planning on transferring to Oregon State or something like that. Again, the plans aren't for sure yet.

Mika said...

It's always so nice to have a roomate that cooks, and shares! You are one lucky girl. :)

the narrator said...

dang... now i feel like my roommates suck. thanks for ruing my life maggie.