Saturday, January 29, 2005

May 1963

So I spent the night with my Grandma Margie last night. She is such an amazing woman! I wish I had spend more time getting to know her before now. We went through all her old photos and I learned about her life. My grandma is truely amazing. Her life...wow. Words can't even express my gratitude for all she has done. At any rate, we spent Friday evening going through her photos and labeling them. Who they were of really was the only thing that we got on them. I decided that they were simply amazing. I saw photos of little kids with happy smiling faces. It's kinda weird to be confronted with the beggining of someone's life KNOWING the end. I saw photos of my Aunt Sandy. Such a happy little girl. I saw photos of Grandpa Willie--the little boy, the young man, the sailor, the pharmacist. These are photos of people that were taken from me. Seeing their faces and their photos have given me such a new sense of their personallities. I'm so grateful for the chance to get to know them.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Wow, I'm so jealous! Grandma Margie is the best

Sam said...

Is that the grandma that lives near here? If so, I remember a fun night we spent hanging out over there freshmen year...