Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I almost forgot to talk about two things that have brought much warmth and excitement to my pregnancy lately.
  1. Yesterday my sister-in-law's sister brought over her baby that is only five days old. She weighs approximately 6 pounds and I got to hold her for a while and it just got me so excited!
  2. My sister has been sending me little baby gifts almost weekly. They are so cute! I wish I could show all of you photos of them. First she sent me onesies. I took one out of the package and sat with it on my chest and marveled at how little they were! Then she sent me some duck bath slippers that I immediately put on my fingers. This week I got a two pack of hooded bath towels and washcloths. The one I took out had a turtle on it and was SO CUTE!

My husband says it might be a little too soon to be getting the baby things out and gushing over them, but I say if he were barfing everyday he'd look for the up side to it too. I love babies! I'm going to have a beautiful baby!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There HAS to be some upside to these early months.... Jenny seems to have gotten past the "barfing stage" so you should be close. I made lots of baby things to get through it (since you married #5, aren't you glad I perservered?) I'm glad Auntie Katie is having a good time shopping & sharing.

Anonymous said...

PS I like Douglas...let's see-Daniel Douglas if Dan still likes the middle name idea. It also works well with either Timothy or Gregory for a second son.....hmmmmm. That would make your dad cry for sure!

Katie said...

I didn't know those names you were thinking about were for middle names. That changes everything. Douglas is a great middle name!

Anonymous said...

Just do NOT call him or her by his middle name or a shortened version of his middle name. I go by my middle name and it has been the biggest pain my entire life. All of my legal stuff is under one name, but I go by another name. No one ever knows what name to call me. The first day of school was always the worst because I had to say, my name is such and such, but I go by such and such. Kids would giggle. Just something to think about. I always told myself I would never do that to my kids!