Monday, August 21, 2006

I'm back

Sorry its been so long since I posted, but I haven't really had time to go to the library to get to the internet. Now I have a job that gives me hours of free time with nothing to do so my activity will pick up I'm sure. In fact I'm at work right now.

Pregnancy Update

Although being pregnant has been nothing like what I expected it to be it's still pretty good. I throw up pretty much daily, but it never hits at the same time of day so it's hard to plan around. I'm worried about being at work by myself working all day with nobody to cover me when I have to go to the bathroom to barf (which I have already done once at work and I don't want to repeat.) I'm still worried about money with this baby. If that got figured out I think I would be able to relax a lot more and enjoy myself. I didn't know I would feel like I have the flu for two months straight. Also that I would spontaneously burst out in tears for absolutely no reason. I know I've heard about all this, but it never really described everything that I'm feeling. Right now I'm starting into my 10th week so hopefully the sickness will calm down soon.

Church Update

So we just moved into this ward in a small town in Utah and last week the bishop asked us if we would be on this pannel talking to the laurels and the priests about dating (since we were newly married). There were two other couples with us and it was ok. Well, in all honesty I was pretty shocked about what they were telling the youth about dating and how unrealistic it was. I'm not going into the whole story, but they told them that your spouse being the first person you kiss is the right thing to do. I wanted to turn to the bishop and say that these girls and boys had probably already kissed people and that kissing wasn't a sin so there was nothing wrong with that. I didn't though. I just kept my mouth shut. I don't know about other religions, but sometimes the messages that get sent to the youth of our church seem incredibly judgemental and completely unrealistic. Plus, that's not the church's official stance on the topic anyway.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Mags, you should have spoken up! The reason that youth get taught weird things is because no one speaks up with a little reality and common sense in lessons like that.

Although, if I were new to a ward I'd probably be hesitant to rock the boat too.

I love you!

Katie said...

You should have said something! That is so ridiculous! What makes me mad is there were probably girls there who were feeling guilty when they'd done NOTHING wrong!!! Anyway, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so sick. I hope it gets better for you soon.

Maggie said...

Plus, there's no way I'm going to go against the bishop!

Anonymous said...

yah i've acutally heard that a lot. haha in the same situation to. for some reason i thought that was what everyone wanted cause they always say about how they regreted kissing people. dont feel bad about making people feel guilty. i'm pretty sure that they dont, at least it wouldn't change my view. at outdoor efy one of our counselors told us not to date pretty much at all in high school. i guess it is just people's oppinions, dont be afraid to say yours. if they can say theirs, you should be allowed to say yours. even if it is the opposite.
your cous rachel

Maggie said...

I knew there was a reason I thought my cousins were cool! Anyway, I only regret kissing people that ended up to be stupid. The kiss wasn't the part that I regretted, it was the person/people I chose to kiss.